Marianne Neifert, MD, MTS, FAAP - aka Dr. Mom® – is a well-known pediatrician, dynamic professional speaker, long-time leader in the field of breastfeeding medicine, expert in parenting and life balance, and best-selling author. In addition, Dr. Mom is the mother of five adult children—all born during her medical training—and the grandmother of seven. She addresses a wide diversity of timely topics related to women’s and children’s health and wellness. Dr. Neifert combines her professional expertise, personal experience, and practical wisdom to offer sage advice about breastfeeding promotion and management, work-life balance, positive psychology, effective parenting, and spirituality. For more than three decades, Dr. Mom has enchanted audiences in 48 states and internationally with informative, entertaining, and inspiring messages.
Topic-specific, Dr. Mom Bios can be found under
the Meeting Planners Tab.
More about Dr. Neifert’s Qualifications and Credentials:
- Managing Member, Dr. Mom® Presentations LLC
- B.A. in Chemistry, University of Hawaii (Phi Beta Kappa)
- M.D., University of Colorado School of Medicine (Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society)
- Master of Theological Studies, Iliff School of Theology, Denver (with Distinction)
- Board-certified pediatrician and Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Clinical Professor of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine
- Co-Founder and Medical Consultant, The Lactation Program, Denver (1985-2009)
- Co-Founder and Member of the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine
- Co-Founder of the Denver Mothers’ Milk Bank
- Member of the Health Advisory Council, La Leche League, International
- Founder and permanent facilitator for the decades-long Colorado Lactation Journal Club
- Advisory Committee Member, Colorado Baby-Friendly Hospital Collaborative
- Author of five parenting books
- Magazine contributor of hundreds of articles and columns on children’s health and behavior
- Member, National Speakers Association
Dr. Neifert has authored Great Expectations: The Essential Guide to Breastfeeding and other child-rearing books, as well as hundreds of articles and columns for various magazines, including McCalls, Parenting, BabyTalk, American Baby, Virtue, and ParentLife. Dr. Mom has given hundreds of media interviews to educate the public about breastfeeding, parenting, children’s health issues, and work-life balance, and has been a guest on The Today Show, Good Morning America, The Early Show, 20/20, CNN, Leeza and other national television programs.
A knowledgeable, compassionate, and gifted communicator, Dr. Mom is among the most experienced and dynamic speakers who educate diverse health professionals on breastfeeding promotion and management. In addition, she is one of the best women motivational speakers addressing the universal quest to balance today’s multitude of competing priorities. Dr. Mom imparts affirming, funny, and poignant lessons on life balance, parenting and family life, positive psychology, and Christian spirituality.